Tuesday 18 April 2023

A Sprinkle of Sand

A sprinkle of sand -
Wafting whisper magic
Lands 
Earth to earth -
Back where it was
Gathered
By Enchanted hands.

Like salt from seaweed
Spells sit on my tongue,
Hang off my hair -
I scatter nature's chaos
Into the wind.

I have heard of a darker kind -
Far away
From rising white waves
So sharp it cuts minds,
Souls, ink black
Stains
Into the beautiful blue.

And I never thought 
It would call to me -
I would stay here dirty knees 
In crushed flowers if I could. 

But if it saves you
I will strain my ears to hear the curse
Turn away from what I know,
Let go
Of the earth. 


(Inspired by Wren in Cursed Crowns)

Copyright LJ Ireton 2023









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A somewhere place

We are just two souls, sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs in the sun. I think of us in Eden - long-toothed lions talking togethe...

Search This Blog