Tuesday 7 May 2024

A somewhere place

We are just two souls,
sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs
in the sun.
I think of us in Eden -
long-toothed lions talking together then
as you answer me now;
a sound saying you love being outdoors
with me when it's sunny.
But then we don't say anything  -
we are the creatures lying down
side by side,
here and in that somewhere place 
with green and gold light
sky on skin and fur,
even feathers shading reptilian eyes -
Where humans don't take a life,
we listen, lamb-soft,
And live. 


C. LJ Ireton 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Silver minutes

I drink tea by my seedlings - contagious desire in tiny pots.  I notice everything - the ceanothus blue by my feet, ceramic heat at my finge...

Search This Blog