Sunday 28 April 2024

Sunlight

I am silver
and slowing under my own silence.
Curses run so cold
under blood,
To the soul 
and they hate sunlight -
It's why shame burns.

I was always drawn to the ice 
never daunted by the sea-cold.
I can not take your warm hand,
Rose, 
your conscience is a gold 
reminder of my mistakes -
Black cloud stains everything
I touch.

And this one pain
we are not sharing.

I am silver,
And slowing. 
You should know and you would hate it -
loving me like the sun
I shy away from.  


(Inspired by Burning Crowns)
LJ Ireton c. 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The Brontë Falls

To get to know a part of the land you need to feel the water  With your skin , I said And we put our bare feet, our hands; blood lines cut f...

Search This Blog