Wednesday 21 February 2024

Not Yet Spring

It is not yet Spring, 
When I can call my curated vines
Of violet and lemon meaning
Out of the ground
From winter's writhing roots;
That press against the edges of my mind 
And curl back around
In want of surety,
Sun-blessings,
The curiosity of others.

It is not yet Spring- 
The unravelling of the tangible
Into Time, 
That doesn't go back again 
Into the dark -
It dances on your lips,
Dips into hedgerows
In pastel colours 
Sense-making, 
Breathing purple.

It is not yet Spring -
When I can watch
What I already know
Like a kite,
Tipping its head 
At its tail,
Streamer roots
Tasting the sky.

Not yet. 


LJ Ireton 2024


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A somewhere place

We are just two souls, sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs in the sun. I think of us in Eden - long-toothed lions talking togethe...

Search This Blog