Monday 15 January 2024

The Winter Water


The winter water
Is glass clear, but tinges the pebbles 
Gold-green while running to the sun 
Further down in the stream -
Away from the ice times,
The heavy feelings
I can feel the relief let loose over the rocks,
Being.

The Moorhen stands a moment -
Bright yellow stalks
Against the bank shades of moss
Holding their own
Under the ribbons of time,
Splaying wet.

I must get up;
Let the stones and dirt swirl by my feet
Around the light, into the light -
Wood walkers will see me with eyes shut -
But, such is the effort to be still
While so much is passing.


LJ Ireton 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A somewhere place

We are just two souls, sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs in the sun. I think of us in Eden - long-toothed lions talking togethe...

Search This Blog