Saturday 19 August 2023

The Stranger

I don't know your name,
But you came to me -
Out of all the walking galaxies
We are,
Dust and stars -
And asked me the question.
 
I saw the swirling dirt
Somewhere in your spirit,
And I knew it -
We never forget
Our sandstorms in the dark.
But I could feel you distrusting
Someone with light 
Like fireflies visible through their skin -
Just like I did, too.

Believe me, when I said to you:
'Just hold on',
It was from my own interstellar years -
Adrift and waiting.
My witness is made and made of dirt - 
I speak with the echoing birth
Of a star. 


LJ Ireton 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A somewhere place

We are just two souls, sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs in the sun. I think of us in Eden - long-toothed lions talking togethe...

Search This Blog