Tuesday 20 June 2023

The Peace Prize

If I'm quiet now -
On my own a lot,
Ink under plants
Tree trunk by water,
Bare feet -
It's because
I'm done with chaos.

My own mind tortured me 
With tangled noise -
Distress signals screaming,
Siren doubts, singing louder
Over each other
For the sanity trophy
In a soup bowl.

Silence
Once was to me 
An unreachable precious prayer,
The ghostlike glitter water
The thirsting throat imagines
In the desert.

I dipped disbelieving, grateful hands 
Into this stream

And here I swim.

Here I swim.



LJ Ireton
2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A somewhere place

We are just two souls, sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs in the sun. I think of us in Eden - long-toothed lions talking togethe...

Search This Blog