Sunday 1 January 2023

Carrying Kingdoms

In solitude I let the kingdom out
We carry everything we can’t reach
Feelings tumble down my wild hair
Held behind the window.

My empire rises out of my skin
Scratched on paper, the things taken
Frustration, 
Thoughts at war to win the image
Of who I still am.

It can not be contained -
My spirit haunting the bone walls
Shapes of defeat and determination
Meet, merge and rise.

Soldiers are steel or self-doubt
In solitude I let the kingdom out
Gold-leaf tear ducts
Vision before eyes.


LJ Ireton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A somewhere place

We are just two souls, sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs in the sun. I think of us in Eden - long-toothed lions talking togethe...

Search This Blog