Wednesday 28 April 2021

This Kind of Snow

 
There is a chill to this April day,
With white skies too bright
Without the sun's yellow filter,
And wind too sharp
Against my skin.
Shielding my face,
I gaze down at my feet
Only to be surprised by
A gathering of pink teardrops.
In spite of the cold,
I smile at the colour
And into the blaze of blossom
That is above me,
Blocking out the stark white wall
Of cloud.
Now, the same sharp wind blows
Petals down, past, around me
So I stay.
I concede under the trees
That I am grateful
To be under
This kind of snow.
 
 
 
Copyright LJ 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A somewhere place

We are just two souls, sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs in the sun. I think of us in Eden - long-toothed lions talking togethe...

Search This Blog