Saturday 23 January 2021

My quiet one

I don't like loud noises
And neither do little birds
When they alight, 
I approach
Slowly - 
Even crisp leaves can ruin careful steps
When entering the presence of a small soul 
Sometimes
I must stand still for a long time 
Human peace is the open door to nature.
I can only write poetry in complete silence.
A pause - 
One second to learn trust and new colours,
One more to answer curious eyes -
Then, hurried scratches through earth, shouts and sharp barks behind me
Cut through my moment - 
My quiet one
It flies away.
I exhale
As the branch shakes
In unsettled air.


Copyright LJ 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A somewhere place

We are just two souls, sitting amongst the young stems and old shrubs in the sun. I think of us in Eden - long-toothed lions talking togethe...

Search This Blog