Thursday 3 January 2019

Words


My voice is worn
From screaming
SHOUTING
About what happens to you - 
But my words roll off their shoulders
Like raindrops
And my echo sits in the puddles
They step in
Forgetting 
What I said - 
Like your your pleading eyes
Mean nothing to them, 
Or don't exist
Behind humane labels
And all the paper notes
That pay to wash your blood away.
Im haunted by your frightened face
Longing to be saved,
Not deserving pain in return
And I cry with shame -
Because what more can I say 
If they don't want to learn.


Copyright LJ Ireton 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

April Showers

Four months in And more of the same, Silt white rain runs Like frustration  On cheeks. Sullen at the sky, I still open the window - In low w...

Search This Blog